31.8.11

New make-up

New make-up

New make-up

New make-up

I bought myself an Elle UK last week, which is a huge treat because it is super-expensive here in Belgium (well yeah, I find €8 a lot for a magazine). But I read a very disturbing article in it about how you should regularly replace your make-up, because otherwhise it gets filled with bacteria! I daresay it kinda freaked me out. And so, I went straight to the store to get myself some new brushes, foundation, compact powder, blush, red lipstick and a make-up bag (I had just recently purchased mascara so I felt no need to replace that too). Oh, and while I was there anyway, I also grabbed myself a new gold, shimmery nailpolish!

The brushes are from Hema, the foundation is Nivea, the make-upbag from H&M and the rest is all from Catrice, which I think is a great brand if you don't want to spend much money on make-up - I prefer to save my money for expensive clothes ;)

How about you? Are you a cheap girl like me when it comes to make-up or a big spender?

xxx

9 comments:

  1. J'adore ton blog et tes photos sont superbes !

    Love ! :)

    Colinne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Don't get too freaked out though..makeup brushes just need to be washed at least once a month with warm soapy water. DO NOT use hot water, for this will make the bristles fall out due to the glue coming undone. Mascara: in my opinion, they all have the same tar, but I could be wrong. Depends on the type of applicator for me. However, when I do by my mascara [maybeline very dark - since I was 12] I always write the date on it with a sharpie, and then get a new one 3 months from the date.

    Your post has inspired me to take a pic of my makeup "section" and blog about it today. I hope it is okay if I use one of your photos, and I will of course credit you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Cheap shadows are due to the less amount of pigment they have...it's the same concept as cheap paints. So if you want a more bolder eye that doesn't take a lot of caking on of shadow...then go with the pricier stuff...if you don't care..then it's all the same. However, Bare Minerals by far has been my FAVORITE makeup brand to boot! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that article, about how you have to replace your make-up every 6 to 12 months depending on the item right? :)

    & super lovely blog :)

    DayByDiva.Com
    DayByDiva.Com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a "middle of the road" girl when it comes to buying make-up. Bare Minerals takes up a large marjority of my collection. The only devience is my concealer which is Cover Blend by Exuviance. I have really pale, blotchy skin and a good concealer is key!
    Love this post! I LOVE chatting make-up!

    Oh yeah, and I'm a follower now!

    ~Alex
    http://therolexrelease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice purchases! I'm not such a big beauty addict but I have to admit that I can spend a certain amount of money to buy myself some "great" make up... Stupid, right?? Cool blog by the way <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a cheap girl when it comes to make up. What's the point of spending so much money when you'll have to replace it in a few months?!

    I'd also rather spend my money on clothes! :)

    Ivory x

    ReplyDelete
  8. La pochette Léopard est à toi ? Ou l'a tu trouvé ?
    #Curieuse

    Colinne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be honest because I don't use so many products, I often indulge in more expensive make-up and I love brands like Shu Uemura...However, at the moment I'm into lipstick, and I found this organic brand, Une Natural Beauty, that is really nice and absolutely not expensive (http://www.unebeauty.com/en/)

    http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your thoughts and ramblings, I do so enjoy to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...