On jewellery boxes and life's precious things.

11 Aug 2014

Jewellery Box

Hi mateys! I hope you all had a smashing Monday, or well, that you at least, let's say, survived. Cause there's not really much else to do with a Monday, now is there? Anywhooo, onto brighter topics! Let's talk about this fancy-shmancy jewellery box I scored at the thrift shop for a mere €0,25 (a few weeks ago, long before my no-shopping-challenge began, mind you).

Jewellery Box

The moment I laid eyes on it I was love-struck, and I can tell you why. For one you will agree with me that its is design the perfect combination of minimalism and bling. And secondarily I just love the idea behind it: to safely store and protect your precious jewellery, but also cherish them and enjoy them every single time they meet your eye. Instead of tossing them in a drawer or leaving them on the edge of the sink.

And isn't that exactly what we should do with all things (and people, at that) that are precious to us? Instead of taking your boyfriend's cooking for granted, thank him every single time he puts a meal on the table. Instead of hanging around inside the house on your day off, take a walk outside and smell the air. Tell your mother that you love her more often. Meet up with friends that you haven't seen in a long time. Fully enjoy all the good things you have in your life, every single day.

Well chums, at least, that's how I feel about it.

Jewellery Box

xxx

PS: Anthropology sells similar jewellery boxes (for about 100 times the price that I paid) in case you might be interested.

PPS: The jewellery in my box is from here, here and here.